So as I am sure you are aware by now, I am kiiinda obsessed with robots. I just saw this, and just to let you know, I plan on winning.
August 15, 2010 at the Fez Ballroom
First Prize: $500 gift certificate
Second Prize: $300 gift certificate
Third Prize: $150 gift certificate
…and we’ll be raffling off 5 $25 gift certificates
Gift certificates are redeemable for tattoos, piercings and jewelry in the store or online!
The Fez is located at 312 SW 11th Avenue and is a 21 and over club.
So you want to get in on this action?
Everyone is welcome to participate – guys n’ gals – 21 and over. (You don’t have to enter the contest to come to the party.) Contestants will be judged on overall costume, deliverance (walking skills, presentation) and originality.
- Contestants must dress up like robots, whatever your personal interpretation of that is.
- Contestants need to check in at the registration table between 8:00 and 9:00 pm.
- All contestants will be required to go on stage and show off their costume. The MC will announce your name (real or alias).
- All contestants should expect to be photographed both on and off stage, by both video and still photography. ROBOT may use any photograph taken of you in costume for any purpose, including in advertising and promotional materials.
- You will be permitted a maximum of one minute on stage. During your presentation be sure the judges and the crowd have the opportunity to view your costume from all sides and that you draw particular attention to any unique or interesting aspect of the costume design or construction.
- No special music choices allowed.
- No fire! The use of pyrotechnics, including but not limited to fire, flash powder, explosives, smoke bombs or fireworks are not allowed as part of the costume.
- Nudity is permitted!
- Any contestant who requires assistance getting up on the stage or walking on the stage should let us know at registration.
- Gift certificates can only be redeemed by the actual people who won them
8:00 – 9:30 pm: Contestants check in at registration table
9:00 – 9:30 pm: Drinking, dancing and photo booth time
9:30 – 10:00 pm: Robot Walk-Off!!
10:15-10:30 pm: Winners announced, raffle drawing
10:30 – 12:00 pm: DJs and dancing!
Photography & Video
Prepare to be photographed!
We’ll be posting more details as soon as we get them so stay tuned!
The 1st Annual Robot Beauty Pageant was held on July 26th at the Fez Ballroom and it was so ridiculously amazing! All of the pictures from the party are posted on our Myspace and Facebook pages. Go check em out!